Convention Rules of Conduct
- All children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. An adult must be present with the child at the time of registration.
- Controlled substances, alcohol, and firearms are strictly prohibited from the convention site. There is no smoking inside the convention centre or hotel, but is permitted outside at the designated locations.
- Animinitime is not responsible for your lost or stolen items. Do not leave valuables unattended.
- Be respectful of the convention staff, attendees, and building. Disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Due to the size of convention event rooms, some events may require attendees to wait in line prior to admittance to the event and may result in a cap on the number of people that can attend. Please listen to and follow staff instructions in order to ensure quick and effective seating. Animinitime staff will do their best to seat everyone interested in an event, however some people may be turned away if the rooms limit is met.
- Pre-registration fees are non-refundable. Registration and badges may not be resold.
- Upon arrival at the convention, you will be asked to sign for your badge. By signing for your badge, you are agreeing to abide by the convention rules and policies.
- ID will be required to pick-up pre-registered badges (driver’s license, school id, passport, etc). Attendees without ID may pick up their badges if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Any attendee wishing to attend 18+ events will be required to present ID at time of registration and again as entering the event.
- Badges identify you as part of the convention, and must be worn and kept visible at all times. Lost or stolen badges should be reported to convention staff immediately.
- Any individual found to have forged their badge, or to have presented a fake ID will immediately have their convention privileges revoked and will be removed from the convention site.
- Animinitime reserves the right to revoke your convention privileges and badge and to remove you from the convention site at any time. No refunds will be given in this event.
- Animinitime is a family environment. Because of this, we ask that you ensure that no inappropriate body parts may become visible while at the convention.
- We require that you wear tights/hose under any bottoms that may create a risk of exposure (examples include, but are not limited to, short booty shorts, miniskirts, any bottoms with similar or less coverage than standard women’s underwear). Guys who plan on wearing tight or form fitting bottoms should wear a dance belt or another garment that performs the same function.
- Bikini or bra style tops are allowable provided that they provide adequate coverage and there is no perceived risk of exposure.
- Staff reserves the right to ask anyone to cover up if they feel that the level or potential for exposure is unacceptable. Staff will be happy to give suggestions regarding how to make a costume appropriate. Feel free to ask before hand if you are concerned.
- Large/bulky costumes, or costumes that restrict the wearers vision must be accompanied by an unencumbered escort (a friend is perfectly acceptable).
- Garments that may be offensive or cause disruption are not acceptable. Wearers will either be asked to cover up, remove the offensive materials or be removed from the convention.
- Any props or weapons must conform to the weapons policy. Offenders will either have their prop confiscated or their convention privileges revoked at the discretion of Secure Operations.
- Offenders of the costume policies will be asked to change. Repeat offenders may have their convention privileges revoked and be removed from the convention.
- No real weapons will be permitted at Animinitime. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Handguns, shotguns, rifles, and other real guns.
- BB guns, paint ball guns, high powered water guns, etc.
- Bladed weapons such as swords, knives, switchblades, etc.
- Nunchucks, Tonfas, and other restricted Martial Art weapons.
- Law enforcement weapons such as mace, tazers, and batons.
- Any other weapon that is prohibited by applicable Canadian Laws.
Bows and crossbows are permitted, however any projectile designed to be shot from a bow or crossbow, such as arrows, bolts, etc. are prohibited.
- No chemicals or explosives are permitted at Animinitime, including but not limited to fireworks, sparklers, and smoke powder.
- Wooden weapons are allowed, including walking sticks and staffs. However boken are not allowed. Non-realistic and self-made weaponry is allowed so long as it will not pose harm to other convention attendees. Weapon edges should be dull or blunt, and they should be able to be safely secured to the individual. All weapons, including wooden ones, still remain at the discretion of con-staff.
- All weapons must be approved and “peace bonded” by Secure Operations. A Secure Operations Officer will inspect the weapon and, on approval that it is safe for the convention, will peace bond the weapon by attaching an orange marker to the weapon. Peace bonding will not harm or damage the weapon in any way. The marker must stay visible at all times, and is in no way to be obscured, moved, or removed from the weapon.
- Any and all kinds of horseplay with weapons will not be tolerated! All weapons must be securely fastened to the owner so that other attendees will not be at risk to be struck or otherwise come in physical contact with the weapon.
- Weapons are not to be drawn or wielded in large or crowded public areas. Owners found to be inappropriately handling their weapons will have their weapons confiscated by Secure Operations, only to be returned at the conclusion of the convention, and the owner may be subject to further action by Secure Operations.
- Large props will be subject to the same guidelines as those for weapons. Props that are found to be too large or heavy to be safely carried during the convention will be asked to be returned to the owner’s car or hotel room, or held by Secure Operations.
- Individuals wishing to use a restricted prop during the course of the Masquerade or during a photoshoot will be asked to demonstrate the intended use of the prop to both Secure Operations and the Masquerade Coordinator. Upon approval of the prop’s use, Secure Operations will hold the prop until the time of the Masquerade and/or Photoshoot and will see to its safe delivery to and from the event.
- Secure Operations Officers reserve the right to inspect any attendees’ weapon/prop, peace bond, or convention badge at any time. Failure to adhere to any above guidelines may result in, but is not limited to, the following actions:
- Confiscation of the weapon or prop for the duration of the convention.
- Immediate loss of the privilege to carry a weapon or prop.
- Removal from Animinitime and the convention site without a refund.
- Any act of extreme negligence or public endangerment may result in criminal prosecution beyond the control or responsibility of Animinitime. Please remember that a large number of individuals in the community are unaware of the convention and its events, and may act in the extreme if they feel unsafe or threatened. Animinitime strongly suggests that individual refrain from leaving the convention site with weapons or props.
- The decisions of Secure Operations are final and will be strictly enforced to ensure the safety of all convention attendees and the safe environment of Animinitime.
- Keep posts and comments polite and respectful. Take a moment to read over your post to make sure you’re not inadvertently insulting someone. If you feel someone is being insulting, hurtful, or annoying please contact admin (Aphra, Patchy, Moe, or Frelly) and they will deal with the issue. Please don’t compound the problem by fighting it out on the forums.
- No bashing of anything. People like different anime/manga/characters/etc. You don’t have to agree with everything, but keep things polite and respectful.
- Keep double posting to a minimum (multiple posts on the same topic in a short period of time), there is an edit button that can be used to add to your first post rather than creating a new reply.
- Start a new thread for a new conversation rather than allowing conversational tangents to clutter up the original post. Keep replies on topic for the current thread.
- No one word posts, posts that add nothing to the conversation, or posts directed solely at one person that will not be of interest to anyone but that person. This is what PMs are for. This will especially not be tolerated in forums such as Questions, where it is important to have everything easy to see for both staff and attendees. Posts that clutter up a thread will be deleted at the discretion of the Moderators as they are found. After five such posts, a warning will be sent.
- Keep things G-rated. This includes language and content.
- Anyone breaking these rules will be warned, and if the behaviour continues they will be warned again and banned for a period of time, dependent on the severity of the infraction. If the infraction is serious enough, they will be banned immediately at the discretion of the moderators.